- You are highly conscious and hyper-critical of mistakes. Hence, you have an extremely sharp eye toward details.
- You aim to be the best in everything you do, even if it is something that you are not interested in.
- You spend copious amount of time, right down to the last moment, to perfect something. You would rather sacrifice your well-being (such as sleep, eating time, etc) than let something be less than it can be.
- You set absolute ideals. There is only black and white, no grey.
- You are the harshest critic of yourself. You would beat yourself up over the smallest thing that went wrong, to the extent of being neurotic.
- You mull over outcomes if they did not turn out as envisioned. You wonder why it wasn’t a different outcome, and whether you could have done anything to prevent that.
- You are defensive toward criticism and have a fear of failure because they suggest imperfection.
- You only have the end goal in mind. If you don’t achieve the goal, it really does not matter what happens in the process.
- You have an all-or-nothing approach. If the situation does not allow him/her to achieve the standard he/she laid out, he/she will abandon the task because it does not make sense to spend time on something that he/she is not going to conquer.
- You are very conscious of any situation which might give others the perception you are not perfect.
Sunday, December 30, 2012
How can you tell if you are a perfectionist? A perfectionist is someone who holds the underlying belief that perfection can be attained and it should be. Many people in our world today are perfectionists or have been perfectionists at some point in our lives. In fact, if you are reading this article, you are probably a perfectionist too, being drawn to the word “perfectionist” in the title and all!